Liver and Gall bladder cleanse &support
This food supplement is a healthy liver support formula, with a combination of herbal extracts and powders, plus vitamins - choline, biotin, artichoke, garlic, burdock root, parsley leaf, N-Acetyl L- Cysteine, beetroot, liquorice root, Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), fennel seed, turmeric, ginger root, cayenne and dandelion root.
- Supports normal liver function
- Supports lipid metabolism
- Supports homocysteine metabolism
- Supports normal energy-yielding and macronutrient metabolism
- Supports the maintenance of mucous membranes
- Suitable for vegetarians
A bit more about the ingredients...
- Choline: Choline is a water-soluble vitamin. Some animals are unable to produce choline, but must consume it through their diet to remain healthy. Humans, however, make choline in the liver. Choline contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism, normal lipid metabolism and to the maintenance of normal liver function. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
- Biotin: Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin, also called vitamin B7 and formerly known as vitamin H or coenzyme R. It contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal psychological function, normal hair and skin and the maintenance of normal mucous membranes. Click here and here for EFSA scientific opinions.
About the liver and body detoxification
The liver has many vital functions, including removing harmful waste products from the body, the storage of nutrients for timely energy release and maintaining vitality and well-being.
We are continually exposed to toxins - in the air we breath, in the water we drink and bathe in and in the food we eat. Our bodies are therefore continually trying to remove these toxins through our natural detoxification systems.
The primary detox organ in the body is the liver. Vital for cleansing the blood of impurities and keeping the body working well, it performs over 500 functions, including: cleaning the blood of toxins and chemicals, excreting wastes via bile, acting as a 'factory' for proteins and cholesterol, converting excess glucose to starch and excreting bile for fat digestion.
Every toxin we are exposed to (whether eaten, inhaled or absorbed) arrives at the liver. Such toxins include metabolic end products, micro-organisms, contaminants, pollutants, insecticides, pesticides, food additives, drugs and alcohol.
Working with the body’s other detoxification systems, the liver converts these toxins into a form more easily excreted.
The liver works in harmony with the body's other detox organs
Waste products are eliminated from the body via the:
- gallbladder: using bile and bowel actions
- skin: through sweat
- kidneys: through urine.
Top tip: Alcohol is a hormone disruptor because it taxes the liver, which is responsible for eliminating excessive or waste hormones from the body. If the liver is busy dealing with breaking down alcohol, it is unable to fulfill the important role of ridding the body of waste hormones.