A high quality pea protein powder (from snap peas), blended with 9 nutrient-dense superfoods and herbs for added antioxidants and phyto-nutrients. This unique formula contains a concentrated level of pea protein – from the 6% found in fresh peas, up to around 80%!
High in complete protein (with an excellent amino acid profile), naturally low in carbohydrates, fat and calories, hypoallergenic and with no added sugar, salt or other ‘nasties’, yet high in nutrients – PEA Protein PLUS is the perfect protein powder, meal replacement and daily shake to support energy levels and general health and vitality!
More about this pea protein powder with added antioxidants and phyto-nutrients…
Peas are well-known for being a rich, low fat source of highly bio-available protein. Pea protein is a natural vegetable-source protein, which also offers an excellent nutritional and amino acid profile:
Amino acid profile
Pea protein is rich in:
- ‘branched chain amino acids’ (leucine, isoleucine and valine)
- lysine (an essential amino acid)
- glutamine (involved in protein synthesis)
- and is richer in arginine (involved in immune system function and weight control) than any other commercially available protein.
Pea are also rich in:
- vitamins: including vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, folate, thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K
- minerals: including calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese
- and other nutrients: including both soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, lutein (a nonprovitamin A carotenoid), phyto-nutrients / phytosterols (especially ß-sitosterol) and antioxidants.
What’s more, peas are low in fat, calories, sodium and contain no cholesterol.
Easy to digest – no bloating!
Pea protein is a relatively new form of protein supplement, valued for its high digestibility (90-95%), low potential for allergic responses and reasonable price. It is particularly popular because it has a sweet taste and a texture which mixes well in liquid solutions. It is also useful for mixing into soups and stews. Alternatively, it can be blended with liquids of your choice, as well as fruit (like banana) to make a healthy smoothie.
Unlike many other pea protein powders on the market, PEA Protein PLUS contains no hexane or other toxic chemicals, which are often used during the pea protein extraction process. Our pea protein is extracted using only water, pressure and then flocculation.
Pea protein with added antioxidants and phyto-nutrients is deal for:
- slimmers and people with food cravings (as it provides slow release energy and promotes increased satiety through the combination of protein and dietary fibre content)
- anyone recovering from illness
- people with small appetites
- those with an active lifestyle, with high energy demands
- vegetarians, vegans and anyone looking to boost their protein intake
- anyone who wishes to avoid dairy and soya based protein products.
Free from gluten, dairy and other animal products, soya and other anti-nutritional factors, this hypoallergenic powder is also an ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerances / food allergies.